Our research approach is founded in linguistics – we analyze how an audience uses and understands language. The language used by customers gives deep insight into:
- The relationships between products (or brands) and respondents.
- Respondents’ thought and decision-making processes, and how well (or poorly) a message fits into those processes.
- The motivational potential of a message.
Any type of qualitative market research will benefit from this approach. Be it exploratory research, brand positioning, message/lexicon development, war-gaming, or creative concept, sales aid or journal ad testing, all require understanding how customers think, and the logic links that take them from point to point in their decision-making process.
Linguistic analysis is not based on “gut instinct,” nor is it a shallow tally of what a respondent likes or dislikes. Rather, it is a meticulous and disciplined approach which delivers highly valuable insights, actionable recommendations, and uncovers implications that go beyond the immediate objectives to provide direction for longer term strategies.
- Exploratory Market Assessment
- Brand/Corporate Identity and Image
- Promotional and Marketing Strategy
- Pre-Launch Positioning Strategy
- Post-Launch Re-Positioning
- Promotion & Message Development & Testing
- Product Concept Testing
- Journal Ad & Sales Aid Development & Testing